Friday, February 24, 2012

The Isabel Bag, A Variation

I've been working on different variations of The Isabel Bag and here's the first one!



I started by making it bigger, actually almost twice the original size. To give the body of the purse some visual interest I gave it a top panel and added some piping. I made the strap adjustable so it can be worn on your shoulder or crossbody.


The inside is super roomy and has a ton of pockets! On one side I added a zipper pocket and some divided pockets. I always carry pens and hate digging through the bottom of my purse for them so I love having slots for my pens!


On the other side there is a taller divided pocket that will hold some larger items. The bag closes with a magnetic closure. 

I have a few more ideas on ways to change up this bag that I hope to work on in the next couple of weeks. Designing my own bags is fun and challenging, not having a pattern to follow means a LOT of trial and error! I  don't have as much extra time now that I have orders coming in, 2 craft shows next month to prepare for and my kids are busier then ever! I'm learning to balance my time as I go along by keeping in mind what's really important and reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment