Sunday, January 8, 2012

Learn New Things

     So much to learn, so little time! I have quite a list in my head of things I want to try, especially after getting 5 new sewing books for Christmas (Thanks Jeff!!!) I started with The Bag Making Bible by Lisa Lam since I've been on a purse kick lately. I chose to start with The Organized Office Bag for my dad to carry his laptop since his birthday is this month. I have everything all cut out and marked, but I've been stalling, maybe I'm a bit nervous because it's way more advanced then anything I've ever done or (more likely) it's because I have so many ideas in my head I'm having trouble concentrating on ANYTHING!
     When I got my new sewing machine right before Christmas they offered a 'getting to know your new Viking' class that I decided to sign up for and it's today. It's kinda funny that I've been using it for several weeks and I'm just now taking the class but I'm looking forward to it. I'm not very comfortable with buttonholes and, quite honestly, I have no idea how to do proper maintenance on my machine so just learning these 2 things will make the class worth my time-and who knows what else I might learn!
     I found some cute pillowcases and vintage sheets yesterday when I was reorganizing Izzie's room that I plan to use for some new spring clothes (I always sew clothes from old sheets first so if it goes wrong I'm not upset about wasting good fabric.)
     But first, before I do anything, I have to find my notebook! I am a notebook junkie, I have several for different reasons and the one I can't find is my sewing notebook-it has all my ideas, research, tips, etc., written in it and I CAN'T FIND IT!! I stopped short of tearing the house apart and figured if I did some work on the computer before I went back to looking I could avoid a full scale panic attack! So wish me luck, I'm going back to the search!

No comments:

Post a Comment