Thursday, February 2, 2012

Go Green with Reusable Snack Bags!

I don't know about you, but at my house we use 3 plastic snack bags daily in my son's lunch box and usually at least 2-4 more for random snacks for my daughter through the week. When I bought a new box earlier this week I started thinking about how much waste this adds up to every week-if every kid in his school used 3 bags a day that would be 1,200 bags a day and 6,000 a week just at one elementary school! I came home and did some a LOT of research and found out that rip stop nylon is completely food safe, waterproof, and washable!  Then I made these


If I assume that we use 3 bags a day, 5 days a week that's 120 bags per month and 1,440 a year. I usually buy a box of 100 snack bags for about $3 which means I'll spend $43 a year, and that's if we don't use any extra! By using these I'm helping the environment and saving money, talk about going green!


I'm selling them for $4 a piece. They have a velcro closure and I triple stitched the top edges to keep it sturdy and easy for little hands to open. They can be wiped out after each use or thrown in the washing machine whenever necessary.  They can hold dry snacks or wet snacks,since they lining is waterproof, I used them for apples and pickles (not together,lol!) and the outside stayed dry.

Sandwich size coming soon!















****FABRIC CHOICES****




5 comments:

  1. Can I please buy four of them; 2 feminine and 2 masculine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am, I'll send you pics of fabric examples int the next few days! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. LOVE them! Might I suggest adding a "handle" on the side, for little people holding them in the car? I would love some, but it is my experience that holding the top while trying to dig in creates a spilled bag all over the floor. Earmark 6 for me! Ps. Do you take Paypal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing Miss Holly!I need your email so I can send you pics of fabric samples and I'll make a new one with a handle and send a pic of that. Yes, I accept paypal. I'll email you everything. Thanks for yor order!

      Delete
  3. These are really cute and such a good idea! They are made of ripstop? By any chance can they go in the dishwasher?

    ReplyDelete