Monday, January 23, 2012

work spaces

     I've been busy working on orders this week, one in particular has been tough and it's taking up a lot of my time. The worst part about it is that it's not even something I want to make, so it's harder to concentrate on it! I just have to suck it up and get it done, money is money, right?!?! 
     Since I've been trying to find excuses to stay away from that project, lol, I thought I'd take a minute to show you my work spaces. Jeff and I both have hobbies that take up a lot of space, but we're in a house that has enough space for the necessities and all the kids stuff but not much else-so we had to get creative.

This is the new sewing table Jeff got me for Christmas. When I'm not using it it just looks like a regular piece of furniture.
When you open it up it has tons of work space! It has plenty of storage for all my notions and equipment, I can put both my machines on top when I need to or store one down on the shelf to keep it out of the way. Luckily it fits right in an available space we had in the dining room. It is so nice to not have to drag all that stuff in and out of the hobby closet every day! Speaking of the hobby closet...

This is where I keep the fabric I use most often as well as my interfacings, hardware, and, well, whatever else I'm using that won't fit into my sewing table! This is only part of the closet, the rest of it isn't nearly as organized, lol! Jeff uses this closet for some of his stuff, the rest of our hobby stashes are out in the garage.

My 2 trusty machines!! A Husqvarna Viking Emerald 118 and a Brother 1034 D, I love them both! The Viking puts my last Singer to shame, it sews through multiple layers like it's nothing and it has some very useful features that make my life easier! My serger is like a dream come true, lol! I haven't even really gotten into all the functions it can do, but am really happy with how quickly it finishes seams perfectly and almost died when I found out how easily it gathers! 

This is how I set up my cutting and ironing spaces when I'm working. Lol, it's not great but it works! Cutting on the floor gives me a ton of space but always hurts my back if I'm cutting a lot of material. I set up this really bright light above my ironing board because it's kind of a dark corner of the house. I work a lot at night and even if I turn on all the lights downstairs and the light on the stairs it's still dark. I use the speaker as a little tablet to hold any tools I may need, which I'm sure drives Jeff crazy but he's to wonderful to complain!

Ok, I've avoided my project for long enough, lol. I need to get some work done on it now because I have a ton of  'real life' things to do today, laundry and grocery shopping don't take care of themselves unfortunately!



No comments:

Post a Comment